May 1 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Happy Hour/Networking Event
Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
Financial Planning Association of Greater St. Louis
Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners
Date: May 1, 2019
Time: 4-6 pm
Cost: Members of EPC, SLCCGP, FPA FREE
Non members and Guests $50 (passport or sponsor does not qualify for this event)
May 9 @ 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
Click HERE to register
Rebecca Rothey, CFRE, CAP
Greater Washington Community Foundation
Bankers, Lawyers & Accountants! Oh My!Working with Professional Advisors.
Gift planners and financial professionals often complement each other’s skill sets while enhancing donor/client satisfaction. Learn how to be a productive participant in this mix through this insightful presentation.
George Bailey JD, CMO
Vanguard, International Advisory Group
Estate planner, life insurance agent, host and co-founder of the podcast Choose the Nickel.
Multi-Generational Generosity: The Challenges and Opportunities of Teaching the Next Generation to Give
When donors’ children pick up where they left off in support of a worthy cause, they can do a lot of good. But there’s no guarantee that this next generation will share the same values, passion, or capacity for giving. Moderator George Bailey will seek insights regarding these issues from the following panel members: Rebecca Rothey, Vice President of Development and Senior Philanthropic Advisor for the Greater Washington Community Foundation; Josh Tolley, Nationally Syndicated Talk-Show Host and Lead Mechanic, Master Strategist, and Opportunity Snatcher for Purple Monkey Garage; and Whitney M. Kenter, Partner and Managing Member of Matter Family Office.
Schedule at a glance
All activities held at Purser Hall at Logan University.
Thursday, May 9, 2019 Conference, Logan University, Purser Hall
7:45 -8:15 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8:15 -9:45 a.m. – Welcome and Keynote, Rebecca Rothey, CFRE, CAP
10:00-2:00 p.m. – Conference Workshops
2:00 – 2:50 p.m. – Closing Keynote, George Bailey, JD
3:00 p.m. Networking Happy Hour
Thursday, May 9, 2019 SLCCGP Conference, Logan University, Purser Hall
Registration and Breakfast
Welcome & Opening Keynote: Rebecca Rothey, CFRE, CAP Greater Washington Foundation, Bankers, Lawyers & Accountants! Oh My! Working with Professional Advisors
- From an Attorney’s Perspective, How Gift Planners Can Be Most Effective – Kathleen Bilderback JD, LLM, Affinity Law Group LLC
- Planned Giving Primer – Larry Katzenstein, JD, Thompson Coburn LLP
- Making the Ask – Carol Weisman, Board Builders
- Advanced Planned Giving Tools – Larry Katzenstein, JD, Thompson Coburn
- From an Attorney’s Perspective, How Gift Planners Can Be Most Effective Kathleen Bilderback JD, LLM Founding Member, Affinity Law Group LLC
- Planned Giving Primer Larry Katzenstein, JD Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP
- Making the Ask Carol Weisman, MSW, CSP President, Board Builders
- Advanced Planned Giving Tools Larry Katzenstein, JD Partner, Thompson Coburn
- The Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Charitable Giving and Nonprofits Jeanne Dee, CPA/CGMA Partner, Anders CPAs and Advisors
- IRA Charitable Rollovers, Avoiding Unnecessary Administration Charles Slamar, JD, LLM, FCEP Vice President, Thompson & Associates
- What’s New in Creating, Managing and Marketing Endowment Funds Dianne Johnson, JD President, Endowment Builders and Ted Williamson CPA of Rubin Brown
- Knowing Their Stories: Fostering Donor Loyalty Through Donors’ and Recipients’ Shared Experiences George Bailey, JD Co-Founder, Choose the Nickel, Vanguard International Advisory Group
- How Much is Enough? Helping Donors/Clients Find Their Comfort Elliot Dole, AEP, CFP, EA, CEP Wealth Advisor, Buckingham
Closing Keynote: George Bailey, JD Vanguard, International Advisory Group Multi-Generational Generosity: The Challenges and Opportunities of Teaching the Next Generation.
May 21 @ 11:15 am – 1:15 pm
Guest Speaker: Vivan Loy, CFP Senior Wealth Strategist, PNC Wealth Management
About the presentation: In depth studies have been done by the Nonprofit Community to determine what motivates Major Donors, but more importantly what these high net-worth donor/clients expect of their professional advisors. Above and beyond the legal and tax components, which are expected, these motivated individuals expect EVERY member of the planning team to understand, guide and support the personal and philanthropic goals.’
CE: Pending Approval for 1.25 CFRE continuing education points and 1.5 CLE credit hours from The Missouri Bar.