We invite you to become a part of the Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners!
The Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners exists to facilitate charitable gift planning and enhance its value to donors and recipients.
The SLCCGP is one of 108 chapter affiliates of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP) and is made up of individual members engaged in philanthropy and charitable gift planning as non-profit professionals or in for-profit fields such as trust officers, investment officers, insurance agents, attorneys, and other professionals.
The Council promotes charitable gift planning by facilitating, coordinating, and encouraging the education of the planned giving community through practical, useful presentations that directly benefit all types of fundraisers, consultants, and wealth advisors.
SLCCGP and the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners provide an organized voice for raising consciousness about planned giving among non-profit professionals, donors, professional advisors, and legislative bodies. This professional association presents a forum for encouraging ethical gift planning through education and adherence to The Model Standards of Practice for Charitable Gift Planners.
Joint membership in SLCCGP and the CGP is $280. Membership in the SLCCGP is contingent upon membership in CGP. Membership is available to individuals only and is not transferable. Membership is effective for one year from the date dues are received. We invite you to contact the SLCCGP office at (314) 416-2235 or email@example.com with your questions.
Benefits of being a SLCCGP Member include:
- A network of helpful colleagues for exchanging ideas, services, and friendly professional support.
- Education and Events
- Monthly Meetings - The SLCCGP presents monthly education luncheons September through May with nationally recognized speakers providing frequent, economical opportunities for professional education and personal development for members, ranging from beginners to persons with many years of experience.
- Annual Conference - First presented in June 2009, the SLCCGP Annual Conference is a premier opportunity for non-profit leaders, gift planners, and estate and financial planning professionals to participate in an intensive educational summit. The Annual Conference is a full day of educational sessions with top experts in charitable gift planning and networking with colleagues throughout the region.
- Saint Louis Legacy Awards - The Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners presents the Saint Louis Legacy Awards to recognize the crucial interaction between donor, advisor, and non-profit in creating a charitable planned gift. The annual Saint Louis Legacy Awards highlight the charitable cooperation and collaboration that results in truly unique and inspirational charitable giving throughout the St. Louis region.
- Founder's Award - Since 2003, the Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners has recognized a past or current member of the Council with the Founder's Award. This "life-time achievement" award is intended to acknowledge and celebrate a member, who through leadership in the promotion and support of planned giving, best reflects the spirit of professionalism, fellowship and community service found in the Council's original "founder's" who, in the 1970s, first organized monthly meetings of planned giving professionals. The Founder's Award is the highest award offered by the Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners.
- Up-to-date council news and recent developments in planned giving, as well as early notice about events through the SLCCGP website and emails.
- The SLCCGP LinkedIn Group will provide you with the opportunity to continue networking with fellow members outside of our monthly programs. Networking is a great way to connect with new people, expand your level of knowledge, and find ways to better your organization. You can also find information on upcoming events, SLCCGP news, outside resources and news, and register for a meeting.
How to Join
By joining the Saint Louis Council of Charitable Gift Planners you also join the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners.
- To join please visit www.charitablegiftplanners.org and click "Join/Renew" under the Join menu.
- Be sure the first box, "Individual National Membership" is checked.
- Then locate our council, organized alphabetically by state, and check the box.
- You will then fill out your membership information.
- If you are joining you will need to create a username. If you are renewing you will need to log in with your username and password previously created.
- Please keep this username and password for access to your National member benefits and future renewals.
- All members must renew/join online via the www.charitablegiftplanners.org website.
- You may choose to pay with a credit card or check. If you need assistance, please call the National office at (317) 269-6274 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to contact the SLCCGP office at (314) 416-2235 or email@example.com with your questions.